Basic Pita Bread
500g high protein flour
3 tsp instant active yeast
2 tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
290ml cool water
1) Mix (A), (B) mix till well combined using speed 1.
2) Add (C) and knead to form a dough using speed 2.
3) Add (D) and continue to knead at speed 2 till form smooth and elastic dough.
4) Cover it with a damp cloth and let it to proof for 45 minutes.
5) Take the dough and mould it into a ball. Let it rest for another 15 minutes.
6) Divide dough into 12 equal pieces about 100 g each. Let it rest for another 10 minutes.
7) Each dough roll to 3mm thick, oval or round shape.
8) Place into baking tray and let it prove for another 20-30 minutes before baking.
9) Bake at 200c for 5-6 minutes till they puff up.
10) Remove and cooled on rank. Cut half, it will be like a pocket.
Don’t over bake the bread into golden brown. Over baked will cause the bread to be hard and will form a pocket.
KitchenAid KSM150 mixer